Despite the fact that the plastic windows are practical and durable, sometimes there is a need to replace them. For example, they simply ceased to suit you due to deaf doors, an ill-conceived configuration, or, say, a yellowed coating. Or you have decided to install wooden ecological windows.
If the windows have lost their tightness, then it is enough to simply replace the window seal, this is done quickly and costs incomparably less than replacing a double-glazed window.
You will need:
– new windows;
– services of an experienced measurer;
– experienced installers.
one. Decide which configuration suits you best. Deaf sashes will significantly affect the final cost of the window, but you will have to wash the glass with some risk to your life (if you do not live on the ground floor). It’s good if the sashes open in several modes in order to carry out different degrees for ventilation.
2. Find a specialized company that is engaged in installing windows. Pay attention to positive reviews about her and the presence of her recommendations. You should not choose the cheapest windows, because in reality they may not be of high enough quality. Immediately make a clarification of what company can offer you services – for example, measuring the opening, delivering windows to the house, lifting to the desired floor, garbage collection, dismantling old windows, and so on.
3. Call for accurate measurements of your window measurers. You can, of course, do this on your own, but in this case, you should take into account that you will have to answer for incorrect measurements later.
four. Choose the right time to install plastic windows. Please note that installation is very difficult at air temperatures below -10⁰ (due to the nature of the foam for installation). Windows that were installed in cold weather will begin to collect condensate in the spring, it will begin to blow out of the cracks. If you decide to install it in the winter, before signing the contract, read all the points on maintenance and warranty obligations carefully.
5. Cover all the furniture on the eve of the installers’ arrival with a film, or take it out of the room, as when dismantling old windows, cement fine dust appears. This dust can damage equipment, so you should take care of safety. Remove pets, indoor flowers and children from the premises during the repair.
6. If you want to save money, and the company has met you halfway, try to perform some of the stages of installing plastic windows on your own. For example, you can deliver windows to your house yourself and lift them to your floor, dismantle old frames and remove garbage yourself. But it would be better to entrust the installation itself to professionals, so as not to experience disappointment in the future.